CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER Spoiler Heavy Details Released
Some new details have been released about Marvel’s upcoming film Captain America: The First Avenger directed by Joe Johnston. The information is riddled with plot spoilers so continue reading at your own risk!
There are a lot of surprises that have been revealed by the information here that I wasn’t expecting. I think my excitement level for this film just jumped up ten notches.
As I stated, the information below is VERY spoiler heavy, and if you don’t want to know the new details then don’t read ahead.
These are massive spoilers.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you…
I you do decide to read the movie details share your thoughts with us below!
- Past and Future: 90% of the film takes place during the period 1939-1945, but the beginning and end of the feature film takes place today …
- The first scene of the film: As an introduction, we see an exploration team discovered the remains of a giant bomber under the snows of the Arctic. Flashback (true beginning of the film): attack on a village in Norway (Hansberg) by troops from Hydra. Johann Scmidt is present (Skull), who has a passion for Nordic mythology. He looks for an object, the Cube [as seen in the Comic Con footage]
- The Skull is a former Nazi party member who left to found the organization Hydra. His vehicle is a car which is nine feet long, shielded and armed … Hydra’s secret base is located in the Alps, and he worked on controlling the energy of the Cube. The Cube is able to open a portal to “other dimensions of space-time. His “human” face is just a mask hiding his true appearance: Red Skull.
- Steve Rogers is a young man puny victim of mockery by thugs in Brooklyn. The body of actor Chris Evans will be digitally processed to give it that look. Steve is already friends with Bucky Barnes [his sidekick in the film]. Unlike Steve, he was accepted into the army and he was preparing to leave.
- The return of Stark: The two friends visit an exhibition in New York, “The world of tomorrow.” Among the exhibitors? Howard Stark [Tony’s father]. There is a showcasing of anti-gravity boots, which only have a fraction of the energy of the cube. Stark Sr. will create the shield of Cap.
- After his transformation, Steve Rogers is used as a mascot in cinema, theater and performing in a music hall. He became a celebrity, while remaining down to earth, once sent to Europe, where he learns that Bucky was captured in a weapons factory in the Hydra. During this first mission, he frees a group that will become the Invaders.
- The final scene: The Red Skull’s purpose is to build a carrier style bomber, containing planes carrying bombs, which are destined for London and U.S. cities. There will be a great battle between the Red Skull and Captain America in the plane which eventually crashed in the Arctic.
- Captain America 2: Heinrichs evokes the possibility of a film blending the past and the present [as the current Ed Brubaker stories show]. Especially at a time of the interview, he speaks of the Hydra as an organization still in existence, and Nick Fury is fighting still fighting against it.
Captain America: The First Avenger stars Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Tommy Lee Jones, Stanley Tucci, Haley Atwell, Sebastian Stan, Dominic Cooper Toby Jones and Neal McDonough. The film is scheduled to hit theaters on July 22nd, 2011.
Source: Daily Blam