Popcast Ep. 30: DRIVE, SHERLOCK HOLMES TV show and more
Here is today’s show format:
Topic of the Week– Fox Searchlight has picked up Steve McQueen’s SHAME. The film is NC-17 so what advice do you have for marketing?
- DRIVE, TINKER TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY
- WE BOUGHT A ZOO Cameron Crowe, Matt Damon and Scarjo
- TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN Part 1 – Get ready for a white wedding a bloody birth
- THE AWAKENING trailer – Rebecca Hall and Ghosts
- PREMIUM RUSH is full of intense bicycling and JoGo!
- J.J. Abrams announces he’s directing STAR TREK 2 – Production fast tracked
- Kevin Costner drops out of Tarantino’s DJANGO UNCHAINED
- ABDUCTION to get a sequel, and the first film has not even opened?!?!
- What has everyone on the panel been listening to lately/this week?
- Hot Song Of The Week – Twist by Thom Yorke
- Albums Reviewed:
- Trouble Books & Mark McGuire
- NoYork! by Blu
- Apokalypsis by Chelsea Wolfe
- ABC developing a modern day SHERLOCK HOLMES Is there a need?
Box Office or Bust
This week’s estimates:
1.The Lion King – 29.3 Million
2.Contagion – 14.5 Million
3.Drive – 11 Million
4.The Help 6.4 Million
5.Straw Dogs – 5 Million
OPENING IN THEATERS:
- ABDUCTION, MONEYBALL, KILLER ELITE